Saturday, May 26, 2007

Dental woes


So Zach and I have been talking about starting our family in the next year or so. I am equally excited and nervous at the thought of this. Well, I thought I should get my body "baby ready" by tuning it up. I've had some dental fillings since my early to mid-twenties and I know that they would have to be replaced soon. Since it's not recommended to have novocaine whilst pregnant I am having a major dental overhaul, cleaning, replacing fillings, etc. About a month a go I had an old crown replaced and it was fine for a while but in the last week or so it's been extremely sensitive. So I just found out yesterday that my tooth has rejected this new crown and retaliated. In other words my tooth is pissed! So now I need a root canal and now I'm pissed! I've NEVER had a root canal and I'm sure I'll be fine and won't feel a thing but it's always conjured up such fear in me to have this procedure done. Just the name alone is frightening. ROOT CANAL. Kill the root. Canal, as in deep. Nerves live there. Nerves don't like to be agitated. We should stay out of their space, right? I don't really have a choice in the matter I mean, it's going to be fine, I hope. I'm sure one day if I am lucky enough to have a baby I will read this blog again and laugh. Laugh at notion that the root canal was a walk in the park compared to giving birth.

1 comment:

see-T4-run said...

Holy pearly whites, Batman!